Editor: Peggy Clifford – PegClf@aol.com
Associate Editor: Clara Sturak – email@example.com
Advertising, please call 310.260.0015
What am I doing wrong on my site? When will my site get more links? Why are other sites ranking higher than mine? How do I target the right keywords? If so, we have a Huge Deal on Internet Marketing/SEO/SEM services for you! Please reply to this email to know more.
We offer quality Search Engine Optimization / SEO Services and Internet Marketing Solutions. Our dedicated team of SEO Professionals ensures Top 10 search engine rankings. Our SEO Processes are designed in view of the SEO guidelines, and white hat SEO techniques are strictly followed to ensure that our clients from world over get the best SEO services. Please reply to this email so we can send you more details.
Regarding the two Santa Monica ballots pertaining to the increase of taxes … I am in opposition to the tax ballot measures being presented to the electorate. Deception is not a City Council’s right. It is the responsibility to be honest and forthright about the reason you want to raise taxes.
When the Santa Monica Malibu School Board tried to pass a parcel tax this year this demonstrated the beginning of a deception to the home owners, of the Santa Monica Unified School District that was second to none. Having a mail-in ballot was a ruthless method to attempt to raise parcel taxes. The attempt to use this technique of mail-in only was an attempt to circumvent a broader turnout at a major election. This was deception. The Board Members knew that most of the mail-in ballots would be tossed as junk mail by most residents that have little to do with the district except to participate in an unfair parcel tax.
This parcel tax stated … regardless of the size of your parcel you pay the same amount as the hotels. The board members knew that most of the mail-ins would come from the parents and families of students that attend the schools. Yes … this was deception at its best.
The following is a perfect example of why this new tax proposal is another attempt of deception by not just the Santa Monica Malibu School District but in this case … the Santa Monica City Council….
The following was taken from …
SMMUSD backs Santa Monica city tax proposal
Wednesday, July 21, 2010 12:51 PM PDT
By Jonathan Friedman / The Malibu Times … a partial text
Malibu City Councilmember Laura Rosenthal said she would have to study the concept of a Malibu sales tax before deciding if that is a good idea. Rosenthal said she likes the decision by the board to back Santa Monica’s tax proposal, and noted that many Malibu residents shop in Santa Monica.
Furthermore … Councilmember Rosenthal said … “Whatever we can do to raise money for the schools is really great,” she said. “This is an interesting and creative way to raise money for the schools.”
In reply to the above I would simply say … One ballot measure asks for the tax and the second ballot measure advises that 50% of the taxes raised by the additional tax increase be given to the district. That is like a boxer giving a left to the stomach followed by a right cross knockout blow to the jaw of the electorate.
Santa Monica City Council members … you should be embarrassed by this SHAM. Councilman Shriver, while you stated … you were in opposition to the tax proposals you still approved of their placement on the ballot. I hope you truly campaign against these two ballot measures.
Now that the Federal Government has passed legislation to protect our teacher’s jobs then cities don’t need to pass their money onto their school district whose boundaries may or may not be the same as the cities boundaries.
The following are statements as to why I am in opposition to the measures.
Tax Initiative… Opposition
Whereas the City Council
1. Whereas the City Council did not project a deficit or a lack of reserves.
2. Whereas the City Council speculated instead of projected that the state will withhold money in the future.
3. Whereas the City Council stated that the state has been deficient and is currently in a financial crisis without stating the effect upon our city.
4. Whereas the City Council will be given the right to amend this initiative if passed and retain this tax for an indefinite time period.
5. Whereas the City Council has not stated which services must be cut.
6. Whereas the City Council has an Impartial City Attorney Analysis that states that funds can be used for schools or education which contradicts the actual purpose as stated within the measure Whereas the City Council has an Impartial City Attorney Analysis that states that funds can be used for schools or education which contradicts the actual purpose as stated within the measure Ordinance No. 2316 (CCS) which is … To provide transactions and use tax revenue to the City to be used for the general governmental purposes of the City and with any transactions and use tax revenue received being placed into the City’s general fund.
Now therefore … Because of the above reasons
the Voters of the city of Santa Monica must VOTE NO!
Advisory tax initiative … Opposition
I am in opposition for the following reasons …
1. Whereas the initiative asks for half of the money raised to be used by the Santa Monica Malibu Unified School District. The districts boundary is not the same as the boundary of the City of Santa Monica.
2. Whereas there is no stated time limit as to the period of time the tax is to be collected.
3. Whereas there is no stated budget from the district to identify income and expenses along with deficits applicable to the district.
4. Whereas this advisory contradicts the purpose of the tax money raised in the proposed … Ordinance No. 2316 (CCS) … which is to use the tax money to meet the needs of the City of Santa Monica not the School District of the Santa Monica Malibu Unified School District.
5. Whereas the Impartial statement by the city attorney contradicts the proposed … Ordinance No. 2316 (CCS) … tax measure’s use of funds.
Now therefore … Because of the above the voting public for the City of Santa Monica must … VOTE NO!
Santa Monica, California
I’ve helped hundreds of companies increase their traffic and I’d love to show you what my service can do for you. I don’t promise the world, I’m straight forward and to the point … I deliver rankings. My rates are completely affordable and I don’t want to oversell you either, I start small and have my clients begging for more. I won’t take on your site unless I know I can deliver rankings. Reply to this e-mail if you have the slightest interest … you’ll never see rankings the same way again.
The Quest was the home of Jean and Scott Adam, a couple from California who had been sailing around the world since December 2004 with a yacht full of Bibles. The two other Americans on board were Phyllis Macay and Bob Riggle, of Seattle, Washington.
It’s a fact: more people find out about your business on Facebook or Twitter than on search engines. Making these sites work maybe tricky for you, but it’s business as usual for us. Let us improve your visibility and enhance your image. It’s part of our complete Internet Marketing package. We’ll be more than your friends — we’ll be your partners.
Keep history alive by telling that history:
Read the greatest ‘historical novel’, Rescue at Pine Ridge, the first generation of Buffalo Soldiers. The website is: http://www.rescueatpineridge.com This is the greatest story of Black Military History…5 stars Amazon internationally, and Barnes & Noble. Youtube commercials are: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD66NUKmZPs and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEgEqgNi2Is
Rescue at Pine Ridge is the story of the rescue of the famed 7th Cavalry by the 9th Cavalry Buffalo Soldiers. The 7th Cavalry was entrapped again after the Little Big Horn Massacre, fourteen years later, the day after the Wounded Knee Massacre. If it wasn’t for the 9th Cavalry Buffalo Soldiers, there would of been a second massacre of the 7th Cavalry. This story is about, brutality, compassion, reprisal, bravery, heroism, redemption and gallantry.
You’ll enjoy the novel that embodies the Native Americans, Outlaws and African-American/Black soldiers, from the east to the west, from the south to the north, in the days of the Native American Wars with the approaching United States of America.
The novel was taken from my mini-series movie with the same title, “RaPR” to keep the story alive. The movie so far has the interest of major actors in which we are in talks with, in starring in this epic American story.
When you get a chance, also please visit our Alpha Wolf Production website at; http://www.alphawolfprods.com and see our other productions, like Stagecoach Mary, the first Black Woman to deliver mail for the US Postal System in Montana, in the 1890′s, “spread the word”, http://www.stagecoachmary.net.
Mail (will not be published) (required)
Notify me of followup comments via e-mail
Copyright 2014 Santa Monica Dispatch · RSS Feed · Log in
The Structure Theme by Organic Themes