FAA vs. Us: Useful Information
1. Agenda item 6C is a staff report on the status of the FAA test and on the City’s efforts to quantify the impacts from the test. (more info on the agenda below)
2. Online Petition — FAA test — http://www.ASafeSantaMonica.com/Petition_Form.html
This web site was set up by a group of Sunset Park and Ocean Park residents
who live under the FAA test 250 heading and oppose its being made permanent.
3. City Council — Tuesday, July 27, 5:45 PM — Agenda item 1-D –
Municipal Airport Pavement Rehabilitation –
$1,159,258 to re-pave and re-stripe the runway and taxiways to be consistent with
current FAA guidelines and planned airport operations. The airport will be closed at night only
for 4 nights during the initial preparatory work. Then, the airport will be closed for 5 consecutive days.
During subsequent phases, the airport will be closed at night only. Residents can communicate
with the City Council members via Council@smgov.net
4. Facebook — Another sunset Park resident, Susan Grant, has set up a page re the FAA test.
Go to www.Facebook.com and search for “Stop Santa Monica Airport Noise”
5. Airport website — www.smgov.net/departments/airport — On the right side are links for:
- Airport Commission,
- Links to FAA Contacts,
- Info regarding FAA test of piston-powered IFR departure procedures,
- Category C and D Airport Update, and
- Enter a noise complaint.
6. FOSP website — SM Airport — http://www.friendsofsunsetpark.org/apbulletin.html